View Thread
 Print Thread
War Council - Allies sought for the defence of Erebor (( RP raid group))
Alhvar
Hail, dwarves, elves, men and hobbits!

The Lonely Mountain is under dire threat from the forces of evil. The kinship of Durin's Folk has decided to give aid to the defences of Erebor. This is a grave task. Durin's Guard will send only our very best warriors. We fear that our numbers do not suffice.

We hereby seek assistance, from current and future allies alike. We need the very strongest warriors to ensure that Erebor does not fall. Together we shall reach our prime streangth and aquire the very best equipment.

Representatives of all kins of the free people are hereby invited to a War Council. It will take place on saturday 7th of September 2 past the noon ((2 pm servertime)) in Glathflot homesteads, Thorin's Hall.

Alhvar
Warlord of Durin's Folk

((OOC info;

The idea is to put together an alliance raid group in an IC RP context. The long-term goal is to be able to do lvl cap Erebor instances on tier 2 or even challenge mode. Until then, we will grind a lot. In a matter of pure quantity this project will be pretty much all about grinding to make ourselves ready for raiding. We will need maxed out virtues, good armour and so on. This might require some dedication.

We also want to keep this at least to a certain degree IC. There are plenty of raid groups out there, and there are plenty of RP groups out there, but a group that raids with an RP atmoshere is hard to find.

Feel free ta ask any questions here.))

Taramthir
((OOC:

Sounds like a grand plan. Unfortunately I'm away this week-end but wondered whether you were looking at approaching this as a series of instances and raids where everyone remains IC as much as possible... taking breaks where possible to allow for roleplay in the instance... or treating the whole arc as a RP story line with interludes and the such like?

Either way I wish you the very best with this endeavour, sounds like something the Alliance could really get its teeth into.))
May the light guide all thine steps till next we meet

Alhvar
Taramthir wrote:

((OOC:

Sounds like a grand plan. Unfortunately I'm away this week-end but wondered whether you were looking at approaching this as a series of instances and raids where everyone remains IC as much as possible... taking breaks where possible to allow for roleplay in the instance... or treating the whole arc as a RP story line with interludes and the such like?

Either way I wish you the very best with this endeavour, sounds like something the Alliance could really get its teeth into.))

((The saturday meeting is mainly to advertise the idea, to get together and hopefully get a list of names. If you are not available personally at that time does not matter all that much. Perhaps you can send one of your kinsmen? It would be nice to have someone of your kin there.

The exact ways of how to implement the IC atmosphere into raiding is to a large extent an open question. We will see. Much of the communication inside of an actual instance will naturally have to be OOC. Whatever happens inside of the instance should however be considered, to as large extent as possible, to have happen IC, which should affect any RP happening before or after. If we fail something we should RP our disappointment afterwards, and if we succeed we should RP celebrate it. If the raid party during a raid has to pause for some reason a little RP there would be nice too))

Taramthir
The exact ways of how to implement the IC atmosphere into raiding is to a large extent an open question. We will see. Much of the communication inside of an actual instance will naturally have to be OOC.

Personally I have found that instances which allow for pause points enable RPing fairly well provided everyone is aware and takes the time to pause and discuss matters IC. I have had the pleasure of running with characters that seem to be able to make IC utterances whilst slaying Yrch and running down corridors - a rare and mystical talent!

Whatever happens inside of the instance should however be considered, to as large extent as possible, to have happen IC, which should affect any RP happening before or after. If we fail something we should RP our disappointment afterwards, and if we succeed we should RP celebrate it.

May much mead and wine be consumed in celebration of your successes Smile
May the light guide all thine steps till next we meet

Alhvar
Taramthir wrote:

The exact ways of how to implement the IC atmosphere into raiding is to a large extent an open question. We will see. Much of the communication inside of an actual instance will naturally have to be OOC.

Personally I have found that instances which allow for pause points enable RPing fairly well provided everyone is aware and takes the time to pause and discuss matters IC. I have had the pleasure of running with characters that seem to be able to make IC utterances whilst slaying Yrch and running down corridors - a rare and mystical talent!

Whatever happens inside of the instance should however be considered, to as large extent as possible, to have happen IC, which should affect any RP happening before or after. If we fail something we should RP our disappointment afterwards, and if we succeed we should RP celebrate it.

May much mead and wine be consumed in celebration of your successes Smile

((I do not disagree at all. You provide interesting thoughts.

I thank you for your regards, I however hope to have you with us in our victories. You seem interested.))

Khalis Imieran
We have been discussing this proposed idea on our warband forums. The warband ethos is that we have always striven to be the best we can be so putting ourselves forward to support the idea sits well with us.

I see it though only fitting the 12 man raid options of the Erebor runs as all the others i assume you have achieved as a kin like ourselves?

With regards to roleplaying around an instance or in them we have only managed that in places such as the Moria runs, Dar Narg. , or the Rift/Helegrod. We have not even attempted to RP around the 12 man raids of Erebor. Certainly an interesting proposition.

Alhvar
((Even though the Erebor raids are the goal, we will still probably need to grind size 6 instances to get the entire group the appropriate gear for raiding. Grinding will be a big part of the project. I think my kin have only two people that can actually be said to be geared for t2 raids.))

Khalis Imieran
When i checked the 2pm server time for the event it equated to 7pm UK time which sadly is too early for the Officers of our company so we were unable to attend.

We have a good number of members at 85 with crafted 2nd agers/jewellry and Hybold armour.

People mains are equipped with a fair number of yellow items as well. So if you are ever in need of help with something give me a yell and i will pass on your request.

Jump to Forum: